I received a scary message on kik threatening legal action

against me for misconduct. He...
I received a scary message on kik threatening legal action against me for misconduct. He person or bot was pretending to represent kik. Kik told me that they did not send me the message. Is there any way that this is real or is completely a scam. I feel like it probably is, but a little peace of mind from a pro would help. they didn't request any money or info in the initial message. Upon receiving the message I just deleted the entire app and anything associated. Thanks in advance.
11/25/2017
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

We have discussed this a couple of times and other experts have discussed the same issue numerous time. We have all agreed on the subject -- How can I help you with this issue again?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I'm sorry for being a bother. Maybe I should get some counseling for it...While I know it was not from kik I can't stop worrying about it. I know you all agree. It looked so legitimately from kik....Are you sure this wasn't orchestrated by anyone and this was solely because my name was advertised...Seriously I'm sorry for bothering.

You are not bothering me at all -- I want you to feel comfortable that our answers are correct and that you can lay this issue to rest.

If there was any type of legal action, it would have taken place already. It has been months since you were "notified" and nothing has happened.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
you are positive this was random? It seemed like it could be a scam from the get go because the odds that a real message would come through like that during the one hour I was online are slim.

Yes.

You can read all of our responses from the experts that have replied to your issue over the past couple of months.

Josh, Support Specialist
Josh, Support Specialist