I have just replaced my old Toshiba Portege with a new MS…

Customer Question
I have just replaced...

I have just replaced my old Toshiba Portege with a new MS Surface. To now I have used a second screen via the HDMI slot on my Dynadock but the new laptop seems unable to detect it. The mouse & keyboard are fine though and I can see the Dynadock in system devices.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Portege?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Portege? Have you installed any updates recently?

No. I'm sure the Portege still works fine. It is the new Surfacebook that doesn't seem to work with the second monitor.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm connected to the Dynadock through the Surfacebooks USB which is USB 3.0 I believe.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
11/24/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 4 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask for the model name of your Dynadock device?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

It's a Dynadock U3.0
Julie
Are you still there?

Thank you for the update, Julie. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Jason I just paid $5 for a quick consult. I don't now want to pay $55 to connect ... just get some advice.

The deposit was $5. It appears that you were charged $40.72 (USD). Do you wish to continue or do you want me to send in your refund request?

Please refund. I was only ever asked to pay $5.00 and that was what I was approving.

I will send in your refund request. Thank you.

Andy, Computer Consultant