Just got a new (refurbished) computer with Windows 10 and am…

Customer Question
Just got a new...

Just got a new (refurbished) computer with Windows 10 and am in the process of setting it up. I shut down the machine and not it will not accept the password.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

HP 8300 Elite small form. Sorry for the delay, I had to look it up

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I just got it today and am in the process of setting it up. This is the first time it happened. Possibly when I was setting up the password ***** I misstyped it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that should do it. I tried the Microsoft Live reset procedure but got a reply saying I did not provide enough information. I answered as many questions as I could

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/24/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Damian Costa, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Damian Costa
Damian Costa, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi...My name is ***** ***** a veteran technician expert with over 20yrs of experience...I have more questions first before we begin

Would you like me to call you and walk you through this?

If you think that would be better than this chat
I don't think remote assistance will work since I can not log into windows

Faster...but more expensive (remote assistance includes the phone call) if you want to go that route

I don't think we can do that if I can't log in to windows

What I am saying...is that charge includes either, or, both (so once paid...I can call you...no need for remote part)

OR

We try in chat

Let's try in chat

There are various methods to pull this off

I guess we will start with the most straightforward

Do you have an existing Microsoft Live Account? (I assume not)

Do you have an existing Microsoft Live Account?

I thought I set one up as I was initially setting up the computer but it would appear that it is not properly set up

Many customers in my store get confused at this point

Have you tried ALL the passwords you put in today as you were "trying to setup your computer" even the ones that you thought were for something else

if not...try ALL the passwords that you put in TODAY

one of them might work

I tried that, did not help
Sorry, I have to leave

OK..have a good day

thanks, ***** *****

More we can try later

Andy, Computer Consultant