When I tried to download my 2017 TT, my security program…

Customer Question
When I tried to...

When I tried to download my 2017 TT, my security program alerted me that it detected a virus,and wouldn't allow the download to install it unless I over-rode the warning. I didn't do that, so what should I do? Can you send me a CD instead?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

My Acer laptop has a Dolby Home Theater sound system.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

What does that have to do with my chat question?

Technician's Assistant: The Home Theater Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of. My sound system works wyth Log Me In & I have head phones to use as well.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/24/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please which security program you are using?

Please let me know

PANDA
No.

Thanks

Right-click on the long, horizontal bar that holds your "Start" menu icon. This bar is called the "taskbar."

Click "Start Task Manager."

Click the "Processes" tab.

Look under the "Description" column for the file that represents Panda Antivirus. Once located, click on this file listing.

Click the "End Task" button. Click "End Task" again in the new window that appears. This will disable Panda Antivirus on your computer, until you restart.

Then try to download..

Let me know how you go please

I don't want to disable the Anti-Virus security program. I want a safe, secure way to download the 2017 turbo tax program I purchased.

If it is blocking it, you need to disable it, download it, then restart to enable it again

This is the method to do this which ensures your computer remains connected following the download

How did you go with the instructions?