Lenovo ideapad will not boot up. I have extremely important…

Customer Question
Lenovo ideapad will not...

Lenovo ideapad will not boot up. I have extremely important files that I do not want to lose. It will but to the Lenovo picture then stops

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?

Windows

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the version of Windows?

S210touch. I think it's windows 8

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I have t usedthis computer in about 2 years, and was in the process of updating my bitcoin wallet. I disconnected the power cord to place computer in another room, and now won't boot to windows

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I haven't tried anything yet

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/24/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

turn off the laptop and unplug power cord

after about a minute, plug in power cord and turn on and on lenovo logo tap the f12 key

let me know once you reach the one time boot menu

If I try rebooting in safe mode will I lose my files?

no safe mode does not delete files

let me know if you are able to boot to safe mode or not

Is f12 safe mode? That did not work. There is a startup settings option, will that lose my most recent files if I try that?
I tried startup repair and that did not work

no. you will not lose your files

let em know what options are there on your screen right now

Options right now:
System restore
System image recovery
Startup repair
Command prompt
Urdu firmware settings
Startup settings

ok ...select system restore

The previous system restore point was from 2 years ago, not sure if I'll lose my files if I try that

2 years ago will not work. in that case select startup settings

let me know what you get

It says:
1) enable debugging
2)enable boot logging
3) enable safe modeIt just crashed trying to reboot now
Enable safe mode does not lose files?

yes so once its back to that screen select enable safe mode

safe mode does not delete your files

Wow this sucks.. it's not booting into safe mode
I'm back at the troubleshooting options menu

ok what options we have

I'm sorry I don't have time for this right now. I'll have to try tomorrow

ok what time would you like to resume and your time zone

I don't know, I have a friend who's super savvy. I'm guessing I may need to refresh my system. It's vitally important I don't lose these files.thank you for your time

no problems. feel free to reply to me if you would like my asisstance

If you are satisfied with the efforts, Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located on the upper right corner of this page.

I'd give you a review, but nothing was really resolved at this point, and all advice was generally quite basic.I appreciate your time though, thank you

thanks