Help fix problem? Hp Pavilion Win 7 Pro. Model p7-1207c

Customer Question
Help fix problem? Technician's...

Help fix problem?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Hp Pavilion Win 7 Pro. Model p7-1207c Found it is not seeing nor reading SD cards in the card slot. All vision of cards is not working. Also found the MS Windows Update software is no providing update to the drivers, as in the card reader. Been following some of the items on MS discussion on the UPdate not working or the card reader not working. No easy fix found. Maybe there is not one. But, if I have to track through a lot of software I will never find it. Need a shorter fix. Mike

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of at this time. However, I just stumbled onto this site. Any help is better than none. M

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/24/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Have you tried using different SD cards in the computer?

1. Yes Other SD

May I know whether that other SD card is detecting or recognizing in that computer?

There is no indication by the computer that it sees any card nor lists a name for any card. The Blue light(LED) on the card reader does turn-on when the card is fully inserted into the slot. No other indications.

Could you please tell me what are the troubleshooting you have tried before? So that we can skip that now and look for alternate solution.

Been very busy last 2 weeks and have tried limited trouble shooting.
* Using the Windows trouble shooter I received questions concerning whether drivers for the card reader were loaded and are not seen. Best I understand regards ***** ***** system is not seeing any drivers - they do not load. I had a driver in Update about a need for updating the USB, but, the system would never load the new drivers.
* Troubleshooting the Update function. Need to reset download delivery. I have been unable to mount any driver by computer or manually.
* Did some looking on other sites for possible answers. None that seemed useable not tried by me.
M

In this case we do have an option were we can take remote access on the computer. This is only an add on service and it is an optional plan, If you wish you can opt this service, The reason why I informing is it could eliminate on delayed response me and it increases our ability to resolve this issue. It is a less time consuming and less complicated because you can see what I am doing. While there is a minimum fee for this, It is 100% refundable if I am unable to resolve your issue. Would you like for Remote access?

No. I understand it would be a faster solution. But, I am not for that now. I think I will quit for tonight. Thanks for the assist and listening to me. Talk to you again later. Your rates are better than that other company.

I understand, you can post back your reply when you are free tomorrow. Thank you for your patience.

Good nite,

Good night, Sir.