This annoying screen comes up from the right side if your…

Customer Question
This annoying screen comes...

This annoying screen comes up from the right side if your arrow key is anywhere near it and you have to go back to desktop to get back where you were, is there a way to stop it?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

It's a toshiba amd a6 windows 8.1 we've had it a couple of years but quit using it due to the annoying screen

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Toshiba? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes. I don't want to mess it up so I haven't tried to get rid of it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/24/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 8 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

right click taskbar > properties > navigation > uncheck When I point to the upper-right corner, show the charms

Ok, I did that

did that work

I think so
That was too easy!

awesome!

No thanks I just needed it to stop

yw

I thought it was gone but it came back
When I got out of everything and went to uninstall programs it came
Came right back

there is other software that can permanently disable it, other option would be to upgrade to windows 10

software is called start 8, its like $5

Start 8? How would I install that
I thought it was 5.00 a question. I didn't realize it was 31.00 plus 5.00 per question. I'll make sure not to look for you again. My husband was furious that I did that instead of looking online necause the question was never solved.
I'm not paying another $39. For you to fix something that never was fixed. And another person on just and said l couldn't get Windows 8 for the price you quoted me and my husband found it for free.