I've got a lenova720-151kb. I bought a letscom 8 port type c…

I've got a lenova720-151kb ...

I've got a lenova720-151kb

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

I bought a letscom 8 port type c hub, this thing sucks, is there a better set up then this?

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

4-5 weeks ago new at best buy

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Sure

11/23/2017
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

Can you please be more specific what the issues are with current device and what are your expectations for another device?

Hello
My laptop won't stay on

It shuts down? goes to sleep? any errors?

It starts up slow then it acts like I did a network reset and says this pc will shut down in 1 minute, then it restarts

Ok, and does it also happen when you unplug the 8 port c hub?

I haven't tried it
I can though

Ok, I am a bit confused, is your question about USB hub or about your PC not working in general?

Pc
I'll buy the right hub when I find out which one is compatible

ok, when your computer starts or shuts down, does it say anything about installing updates?

Nope

What exactly is the message when it says it will shut down in 1 minute?

How often does it happen?

Every time, I haven't been able to start up my pc all day

can you please tell me what happens step by step when you try to turn on the pc?

Gimme a sec, I'll do it now

ok

First, it comes up with screen saver with the lil LAN icon bottom right with a red x on it, and the battery charge level is next to that. When I click on the lil monitor icon (LAN)it will ask me fer three types of sign ins, then the one minute left message comes up then it restarts every time

Are you chatting with me on the phone? If so, can you snap a picture of that screen and attach it to the chat using paper clip button?

On iPad but yea gimme a sec, can I send videos?

not sure about video, but if you can snap picture of each screen that comes up - that would be perfect

Gimme a sec

ok

It's like it was cut off while a network reset was happening

ok, I see, seems like your Windows has an issue, it is best to do a restore at this moment to earlier date or even do a reset

Let's do it

try this:

power off the PC first,

1. Press power button + Volume up button simultaneously in power off mode
  2. Get into NOVO menu and select System Recovery. Then follow on-screen instructions to finish the reset
Gimme sec
How do I get into the nova menu

Press power button + Volume up button

Is that the tiny hole?

yes

I'm having problems knowing when to put the pin in the hall when you say system recovery

Try pressing it while PC is off

The pcs brand new
for 50$ u guys get on my pc and do everything for me?

Those offers are Automated and Optional, Just ignore them or close them, they are sent automatically by the site.

Your pc cant stay on, so remote Assistance wont work

K

You just need to press, that Novo button, get into recovery and do full recovery

It jus keeps goin back to the same page
Lemme find a smaller pin

ok

Ok when do u want me to push the pinhole

First, try while pc is off.

It's doin the same

So you completely power off the PC, then you press Novo button anPC boots into Windows right away without giving you that blue menu?

What's a pc boots

starts

It's not doin it
It jus keeps shutting down
Oh, wait a min
Ok. Well I completely powered it off, set the little pin in there and powered it back on and same screen but it restarts itself every cpl min but I was able to find where I could sign in to a different account
Does the pc need plugged in or not
Are u still there
Hello?

You need to press Novo button while PC is off, which should turn on laptop in Button menu. you do not need to use power

button.

here is the video how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-55FdWchds

Nope, but I figured it out because YouTube sucks, u need to power off hit the lil button & hold f2 for the screen

ok, there are too many Lenovo models, some of them work one way, some other.. in your case it was f2.

From there do a recovery and follow the prompts

First I'm jus letting it set defaults cause I've got apps and such on my external hard drive I can install whenever

ok

Why does it keep shutting off then going back fer me to use my lil whole , ?

are you saying its still shutting down even while you are in a recovery mode?

Or did it shut down to start the recovery process?

It keeps shutting back down but it seems like slowly but surely all my icons are comin back
Is there a way jus to load everything at once?

Whats about the recovery? Did you actually do it yet?

It never asked

Did you ever get to the blue "Nova Button menu" with 3 choices?

Nope, jus the whole blue page with different options

Ok, which options you chose and what happened?

I jus told it to reset to factory defaults, do I have to keep signing in every time it shuts down?

All right, so you did reset to default settings, does it still restart on its own anyway?

Yea, about every 3 min

Seems like reset didn't work, I am out of ideas at this point, I would suggest to contact Lenovo support directly https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/LiveChatPC

I assume I don't get a refund. Lol

You can always talk to our customer service for refund (http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us)

just please rate me for my efforts, as if you don't - I don't get credit for my time. click on stars on top of page, Thanks!

UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator