Cannot use my skype to call my friend Alan or anyone else -

Customer Question
Cannot use my skype...

Cannot use my skype to call my friend Alan or anyone else - can only send a message. When I call on skype the phone rings on my screen but not on the receivers end.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

About 3 weeks.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Skype?

I have received calls on skype but cannot call out. I can send messages.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/23/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please when this problem started?

Please let me know

It has never allowed me to call out on skype since setting up the account about 3 weeks ago.

Ok, you will see the Echo test contact, to make a test call.

What happens when you call that?

I am very reluctant because I have been charged over 70$ in the recent past with no positive results.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

I don't see a number to call.

What number are you referring to?

My instructions do not involve a number

I will repeat

you will see the Echo test contact, to make a test call.

What happens when you call that?

I would like you to fix the problem for the $5 hours and if that works I would spend the 39 if necessary but I do not want to spend $39 more until I know that at least that the problem is fixed.

ok, but I am sending you a set of instructions for you to do, can you do these?

I can follow your instrucions but I do not see them.
I do not see anything about making a test call just continuous advertisements about prompting me to start a free trial

I will repeat the instructions again

What happens when you call that?

No.

ok.. you replied No, to the last instructions I sent... what are you meaning with No.

No thanks.

ok, I am really confused now, I have 4 times provided you since the start a set of instructions to do... but you have not done this once, and now you are replying no thanks?

No I will not agree to permitting another 39$ charge unless the problem is fixed.
Because it requires me to obligate $39 whether the problem is fixed or not

I have said to ignore the offer from the website and do the instructions I am giving you...

Instructions ask me if I want to switch to a secure connection for a charge of $39. Is that correct?

Do you?

Do I what? Agree to be charged an additional fee?
I cannot allow a secure connection because it commits me to a charge of $39 whether the charge is fixed or not. This has happened in the past month.

yes, so as I have been telling you, ignore it and do the instructions

please... I have asked many times now for you to do this

Richard, I believe you are sincere but I do not trust Microsoft to treat me fairly. Thank you for your assistance. I will try to fix the problem by other means. My "free" skype account has already cost me to much not only in dollars, but in frustration. Sorry if I have confused you. Bob w.

I will try once more time, please, closely read my message and perform the instructions, this is the 6th time I have tried with you to send these simple instructions, so please return the favor and carefully read my messages...

What happens when you call that?

Sorry Richard - I never saw anything about making a test call.

please do the test call