I have a Western Digital external hard drive that is

Hi - I have a...
Hi - I have a Western Digital external hard drive that is refusing me permissions to access my files. The WD customer support seems to suggest that Microsoft customer support can help. Can you?
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: What does that mean?
JA: The Microsoft Office Technician will be able to walk you through that. Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
11/23/2017
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you today.
What exactly are you having trouble with?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I have a Western Digital external hard drive that is refusing me permissions to access my files. The WD customer support seems to suggest that Microsoft customer support can help. I ended up here...which is fine if I can get the help I need. My WD external hardrive refuses me permission to access my files
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
No remote conneciton thanks...$52 is a little steep for what I am trying to do

Secure remote assistance and live phone calls are optional service. if you do not wish to use it you may close the offer window and i will help you on this chat itself

can you post me the error you get on trying to access your files on the WD.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
The WD window sys: You don't currently have permission to access this folder. It gives me the options of "Coninue" or "Cancel". If I chose Continue, 70% of the time it allos me to in to the folder. But 30% of the time i get a "You have been denied permission to access this folder|" message. It states, "To gain access to this follder you will need to use the security tab
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Hello?
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Per your request, I'm the new expert; I will fix this issue for you. How about with a small amount as shown for direct remote support?
Please reply at the box below; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/yagn58ho
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.