I have been locked out of my yahoo account for approx. 3…

Customer Question
I have been locked...

I have been locked out of my yahoo account for approx. 3 weeks now. I am so frustrated by not being able to get into my email account. I had a friend come over on Sat. the 18th of November to help "fix" my account, but I think he might have made it somewhat worse. I think he changed my alternate email to***@******.*** and now you don't recognize the alternate email.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

No, I don't have any other devices to log into. Also, I do not have a phone that has texting.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have a phone number, but only to call on--no texting.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I thought that I had changed my password ***** 7 times now, but still can't get into the account. I answered several questions about my account, but still no luck.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/23/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it. Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what was the alternate email which is appearing on the screen when you tried to reset your yahoo account?