Of a sudden my ipad pro locked up, so I shut it down, then

Hi all of a sudden...
Hi all of a sudden my ipad pro locked up, so I shut it down, then restarted it, now its asking me for a passcode, i dont recall ever putting one in
JA: What apps were you running right before your iPad crashed?
Customer: i think facebook
JA: How much storage do you have left on your iPad? (You can check storage by going to Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage.)
Customer: it wont let me check anything it says its disabled
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Its an Ipad pro, i need a mac expert?
11/23/2017
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Enthusiast

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below

Alright, well, you're going to need to reset your device to factory settings in order to get back in, if you have locked yourself out by forgetting your password ***** PIN. You need to have iTunes installed, if you don't have it, click here to get it. Please take two seconds to rate my service before you leave today at the top of this page or I am not credited with my assistance. It is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, or you have follow up questions, please let me know before rating :)

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • Press and hold both the Home and the Power buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I know my password, it froze on me while i was on it, then i just restarted it, then it asked for a passcode i dont ever recall putting in a passcode,
I tried hold both home and the power buttons, no recovery mode came up, ipad just restarted and back at the disabled screen

In order to force it into recovery mode, the Power and Home button need to be held in while it is connected via USB cable to a computer with iTunes running.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I fixed the payment error, i forgot to click on the Visa, I redid it and updated payment info, can you take control of my ipad?

I am going to send in a request to refund your remote assistance session, as this issue cannot be resolved that way. You need to actually force the reboot into Recovery mode.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
oh please if you can fix it remotely i'd be greatful
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Are you still with me Eric?

I am so sorry, I would do it in a heartbeat if I could, as I take pride in my service to people here. But as I mentioned in my reply above, I will get you a refund on your remote assistance, because you have to physically have it in your hand to force it into recovery mode, I cannot do it remotely.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I did this and lost you...Payment error. Looks like we don’t have your latest credit card information. Please update it so we can connect you with the Expert momentarily. Then came back and poof you gone

I am not gone, I have replied to you twice since then, please scroll up and read my last two replies to you.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
oh its right beside me, can you walk me through the forced recovery mode?

Yes, they are the instructions I posted earlier, here they are again :)

You need to have iTunes installed, if you don't have it, click here to get it. Please take two seconds to rate my service before you leave today at the top of this page or I am not credited with my assistance. It is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, or you have follow up questions, please let me know before rating :)

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
its connected to my desk computer, and I tried holding the on button and the home button, it just restart itself and said disabled
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
ok after holding down both buttons longer, I have a screen that says support apple.com the Itunes logo with a power cord. I"m sick to my tummy over this.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
ok do I click on that link? Wont I lose talking to you?

No, You can always come back and reply to me. There are also links in your email to get back to this question.

YES! You WANT THAT LOGO to appear.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
ok great thanks for putting up with me, i really appreciate it, Ok after logo then what do i do

Now on your computer, if you have it connected and you have iTunes open, you will get an option to restore it.. you need to choose that.

Watch the video so you can get a visual.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
It says on it, I clicked restore, then this message came up, The software for this Ipad is currently not available, Make sure i have the latest version of Itunes
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Ok first I ran my credit card twice on your site i'm going to get charged twice right?
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Ok watching video be right with you

Ok, then you need to update your version of iTunes on your computer before you do anything.. you ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK!

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Awe Thanks so much going to try to update it

No problem, once you update iTunes, then force the reboot again on the iPad while it is connected, and it will allow you to choose the "restore" option, which will then reset your iPad back to brand new again.

Also, your payment still did not go through, so you will not be charged anything for the remote session, but please do not forget to rate my service at the top of this page before you leave so I am credited with helping you tonight.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I'm waiting for Itunes to download the update, can i still keep you here incase it doesnt go again?
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
For all your help you'll receive a 5 star Eric

Yes, I am here for a little while longer :)

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thanks sorry about the wait

No worries

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I clicked restore Ipad, now I dont see anything happening to my Ipad but the Itunes logo, will show it fixed? or will I see it doing something?

It takes up to 15 minutes to complete, if it does not finish by then, restart the process... but, you are definitely doing it correctly now :)

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
do i keep it as it is, and see if something pops up on the Itunes app?
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I see it moving on the itunes app
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
its back to the upgrading window!!!! I'm so excited

That's good!

I am close to calling it a night and logging off my PC, but I will wait a few more minutes. If I leave before you do, and it all works for you, please don't forget to rate my service at the top of the page and click Submit :)

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Will do! Happy Thanksgiving! Your the best for helping me, I was so upset and frustrated.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
It's almost done updating on my ipad also

Well, don't get too upset, things are working for you now. You can take a deep breath. Once it updates, you are good to go, and you can set it back up again as if it was new.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
This took me to factory settings?
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Ok crying page came on ipad said is disabled

Yes, as I stated in my very first reply.. the only way to get back into the iPad when you don't know the PIN or password ***** ***** reset it.

Ok, I am sorry :( You can try again, and if it does not work, you can take it into an Apple store and have them do it, as this is the officially recognized way to restore it :(

AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Enthusiast
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
ok I'll try again, if not i'll reset it, just makes me sick loosing everything on it

Well, you won't technically lose everything. Once it is reset, you can sign back in with the same Apple ID, and your content will be restored.

AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Enthusiast