My picture is coming up, but no voice is heard at the other…

Customer Question
My picture is coming...

My picture is coming up, but no voice is heard at the other end.

Technician's Assistant: What computer or device has sound issues?

Dell 10 laptop

Technician's Assistant: Is this happening with internal or external speakers?

I can hear voice of person with whom I am chatting, but he can't hear me

Technician's Assistant: Did you try updating the sound driver on your 10?

Not just now, but it has worked in the past and there have been no changes

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Computer Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Customer:***@******.***

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/22/2017
Tech Support Specialist: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

This might be due to Privacy settings not set correctly

1. Go to Start , then select Settings > Privacy > Microphone.
  2. Choose your preferred setting for Let apps use my microphone.
  3. Under Choose apps that can use your microphone, turn on or off the individual settings for apps and services.

Please let me know if it worked?