Just setting up a new Lenovo and it's not working correctly…

Customer Question
Hi, just setting up...

Hi, just setting up a new Lenovo and it's not working correctly with some software that I have. I called tech support for my software and they told me to try something that didn't work and since it didn't work to contact Lenovo's tech support.

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

The software I installed yesterday is Advantage Software. it's for court reporters. The problem I'm having (in the words of the Advantage tech) is when I hit the F3 button for example, it has the Lenovo settings for that function key. I need it to be able to put a Question symbol in the transcript. He told me there is a toggle to block function keys that needs to be released.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Block?

Hit the FN key with Esc key at the same time.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/22/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 8 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask for the model name of your Lenovo computer?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

ideapad 320
not comfortable with remote assistance, so please walk me through.

You may ignore the automatic offer for remote assistance. Please, give me a few minutes to finish typing up your response. Thank you.

There are two solutions to this problem.

One is that you can hold down the fN key while hitting the Function keys or you can disable the Hotkey Mode option in the bios.

If you wish do to the 2nd option and make it permanent, follow the instructions on the following page under the "Solution" heading: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht072691

The instructions are for a different model of Lenovo computer, but the instructions are the same.

That will solve the problem.

Please, do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page by clicking the Stars and clicking the Submit button.

Thank you,