Received a call from a Pakistan sounding individual who he…

Customer Question
Received a call from...

Received a call from a Pakistan sounding individual who he says works for Microsoft and he gives me an alfa numeric number and wants me to go into y sysedit and change or add something. He says the number is ***** license number of my computer. 00c04fd7d062 . is this a valid call or a phishing attempt.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your Alfa router?

Not sure what you mean by Alfa router. I have a Linksys router model EA6900

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Alfa router?

Nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

This guy say the number is ***** license number for windows.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/22/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, that caller is a scammer and they are not associated with Microsoft.

If you would like, I can connect to your computer to make sure it is secure as well.