Dropped it and it wont power up. Lenovo W550s Windows 7 Pro.

Customer Question
Dropped it and it...

Dropped it and it wont power up.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Lenovo W550s Windows 7 Pro.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Lenovo? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It is out of warranty. I have taken battery out, disconnected AC, held power button 30 seconds. Still wont power up.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/22/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. Sorry to heat what happened. Was it plugged in when it was dropped? Also do you see any physical damage to the laptop itself?

Not plugged in, battery popped off and plastic case on battery was open a little, I popped it shut and see no damage.
how are you going to connect when it wont power up?

So if you plug it in without the battery does it respond in anyway? Try plugging it in and press and hold in the power for a couple seconds and see if it makes any noise.

disregard the remote message offer, that doesn't come from me, the website sends that.

Nothing
Hello?

Ok. thanks for checking. As I am sure you understand there is no way I can't even attempt to fix this issue without having physical access to the machine. My best guess would be that either the power supply inside was damaged in the drop or that the power button is not making the connection due to some damage that happened in the drop.

I would not suggest you attempt to take it apart unless you have some computer hardware certification, at least A+ certification. I would suggest you take it to youur local repair shop and get a quote on a fix. Depending on that it may or may not be worth fixing as laptop fixes can get pricey. But you can always pull out the hard drive and retrieve your data so that won't be lost.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.