I have a laptop - dell xps 13. It has a smaller than average

Hi there , I have...
Hi there , I have a laptop - dell xps 13. It has a smaller than average screen and I need a much larger than normal screen for my work . It doesn't look like there is a port to plug in an additional screen . What do you suggest . I'd like to avoid purchasing another computer. Is there any way I can attach another screen here?
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

If it's a possible option, you could get an external thin LED monitor to connect as a primary or secondary display. The pros are that you would have the additional screen which would be easier on your eyes and to work with. The cons would that it wouldn't be directly part of the computer, so you'd have to plug it in every time you'd want to use it. What's your thoughts on this as a solution? I can find and price one for you if you'd like as well

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Yeah easier in my eyes sounds good . The main reason though is a screen large enough to display the entire database a work with . What size do you recommend ? It doesn't look like there is a port to install anything in this laptop . Strange because it's so expensive

You do have several ports you can use on that model. It should have a VGA and HDMI ports, which both can be used. I'd recommend at least a 20 inch monitor or larger depending on what you're comfortable carrying with. Let me see what Dell recommends as well for this model

If you get this adapter, you can use the mini Display Port on the XPS --> CLICK HERE

As for monitors, I'd recommend these two. One is a 20" one and the other is 23"

1) 20" Monitor CLICK HERE

2) 23" Monitor CLICK HERE

Let me know if that helps. I'm happy to answer any questions you have. Also, please remember to rate my service using the stars when we're finished too. Thanks!

Please remember to rate my service when you get a chance. You can come back to this question for any follow-ups when needed too. Thanks!

Specialist Sean S.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thanks

You're welcome. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S.