I had a page pop up with an message that had an error code…

Customer Question
I had a page...

I had a page pop up with an message that had an error code with a phone # .to call "microsoft"?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

It's Microsoft X I guess.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

It's Dell laptop,

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Dell? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing ... but I called the number... some guy that wanted 199.00 to fix the page that popped up.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not.?

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

Do you know of a scam that's going on

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/22/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, that is a very common scam nowadays. The company/number is ***** associated with Microsoft so please do not call it.

If you close the page popup, it will disappear and you can continue to use your computer. Additionally, I can connect to your computer to make sure it is secure.

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!