Internet explorer is not responding. How do I do that? HP

internet explorer is not responding JA...
internet explorer is not responding
JA: Have you done a bandwidth test?
Customer: how do I do that?
JA: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?
Customer: HP Pavilion dv6-2150us notebook/Windows 7
JA: When did you purchase your hp? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I purchased it "used" from a friend. I have tried the suggestions on the web sites.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: He told me that it used to work and he used it all of the time. He did clean personal information from the computer before I received it.
11/22/2017
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

Internet Explorer is known to have this issue and it sounds like your IE installation is corrupted. Unfortunately, unlike with other browsers, you cannot simply uninstall and reinstall it.

My recommendation would be to simply switch to another browser that does not have this known problem. Would you be interested in doing this?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I have two other browsers; however, my daughter will need to use this computer and she must use IE to communicate for her work.

Okay, I see. How often does it stop responding on you?

ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I have had the computer for about a month and IE has not worked, since I tried using it in addition to my other browsers.

Oh, so it's never worked? I have to tell you, the only fix in that case may be a full reinstall of Windows. This is sounding like a corruption issue.

But I see that you've requested remote assistance. What I can do is connect to the machine and perform a reset on IE to see if that resolves the problem.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
O.K.

Okay, give me just a minute to get some instructions so that you can get me connected.

Okay, in order to get me connected, here's what I need from you on your end.

Click on the following link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=8dc6a297-a16b-46c8-b72b-55405ca866b8

When the next page opens up, click the green I Agree button. This should download a small program called Elsinore.Screenconnect.

Run that program and say Yes/OK to all security prompts and it should then connect me.

ChrisC
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast