I don't want to save my files to excel One Drive but I can't…

Customer Question
I don't want to...

I don't want to save my files to excel One Drive but I can't seem to stop it

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Excel are you using?

HP 580-137c

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your hp?

I am using windows 10. I just bought it yesterday

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your hp? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Yesterday. I have gone into excel and changed the the default file to make it this PC

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not particularly

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/21/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 8 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I look forward to helping you today.

If you manually save the files to the local drive, does it allow you to do so?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

it seems to default to one drive even though I don't want it to

Thank you for the update. May I ask which version of Excel you are using?

2016

Thank you for the update. As you may know, Microsoft made the default saving location OneDrive for some unknown reason.

You configure Windows to save locally instead by following the instructions on the following page: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Files-save-to-OneDrive-by-default-in-Windows-10-33da0077-770c-4bda-b61e-8c8e8ca70ac7

If you have any questions or concerns later on, please let me know.

Please, do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page by clicking the Stars and clicking the Submit button.

Thank you,