MicroSD card suddenly is write protected. I’m not using it…

MicroSD card suddenly is write...
MicroSD card suddenly is write protected. I’m not using it inside of an adapter so there is no switch that I can switch on and off for lock or unlock. This happens when using a straight microSD to USB converter. I have used multiple adapters including the original on unlock and it still says write protected. It’s a 16 Gb PNY card. Is there any software that I can use to unlock it? I even use software to check for bad sectors and it literally says zero bad sectors after two hours of checking. I just bought it yesterday.
11/21/2017
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

One crucial question has to be asked about the problem:

Do other cards work OK and not indicate write-locked status, in the same slot/device/card-reader?

I’m glad you asked that question, I bought five of these cards yesterday and I did try the other four brand new ones in the same card readers that I was using and they all work just fine. I can format them and everything. But when I try and format this card I cannot format it and window says that there was an inability to format it.
I was hoping somebody to fix it that way if it happens again I’ll know how to fix it instead of just buying a new one.
If there was someway anyway. Not somebody sorry
All the Linux full list that I put on top of this card is all intact and I can read everything I just can’t save or delete anything or format it.
Retro pi is on it

There is one card defective out of five, simply - if you cannot format it, and if on examination compared to the other four cards, it has nothing visibly different about the position of the

LOCK

switch on the card, nor anything different about the metal contacts on the card (which you can try wiping off with a clean dry soft cloth before trying the card, once, to make sure it's not dirty contacts on the card impeding usage)... then you have a 20 % failure rate in the cards you bought, and it is not the best of card brands... also, don't trust storing valuable data or pictures for long on the other cards of this brand, they to might fail unexpectedly.

So yes, returning that one card as defective, after trying the above, may be the best to be done with a regrettable situation.

Let me know if you need further advice.

Gotcha thanks!

Glad to advise and help. Would you be willing to rate my work and answer, from 1 to 5 (a 5 star rating best shows appreciation of my work and my rapid responses on your case) ?

Ok

Good. Before you go, please rate my answer - a five-star rating best expresses appreciation of the work I have done. Thank you, ***** ***** great day!

Russell H., Computer Systems Expert