How do I download pictures from a Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS…

Customer Question
How do I download...

How do I download pictures from a Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS to a Surface Pro with Windows 10?

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It used to automatically be recognized by the computer. That is not happening now.

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
11/21/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
The best option will be to use a secure remote screen connection to troubleshoot the issue, this will require downloading a screen connect app to get us started. Will that be okay?
You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.

I would rather not have you connect to my computer,

okay, follow these steps please>

Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes

Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes. After your computer scans for hardware changes, it might recognize the USB device that is connected to the USB port so that you can use the device.

To scan for hardware changes, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.
  2. Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
  3. In Device Manager, click your computer so that it is highlighted.
  4. Click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.
  5. Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

If scanning for hardware changes fixed the problem, you are finished. If this method did not fix the problem, go to Method 2.

Method 2: Restart the computer

If scanning for new hardware did not fix the problem, try restarting the computer. After the computer has restarted, check the USB device to see whether it is working.

If restarting the computer fixed the problem, you are finished. If this method did not fix the problem, go to Method 3.

Method 3: Disable and re-enable the USB controller

Use Device Manager to disable and re-enable all the USB controllers. This lets the controllers recover the USB port from its unresponsive condition. The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

3. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.
  4. Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstallto remove it.
  5. Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
  6. Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.
  7. Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

If the USB port recognizes the device and if you can use the device, you are finished.

Andy, Computer Consultant