Can't get my email. Something to do with imap? I change it…

Customer Question
Can't get my email...

Can't get my email. Something to do with imap? I change it to the Microsoft psswd but still won't work.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Windows 10 and I have an Acer desktop.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your Acer?

Don't know, it's about 5 years old.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Acer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Bought it at Costco about 3 to 5 years ago. Not sure what to do next . I use Outlook and get my email through that."

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/21/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 8 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I must ask a question or two before we begin. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

Who is your e-mail provider? Please, do not enter your full email address. If you do that, it will be blocked. For that reason, please tell me what comes after the @ sign.

Thank you,
Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.