I have just installed Office Home & Business 2016 for Mac on…

Customer Question
I have just installed...

I have just installed Office Home & Business 2016 for Mac on my MacBook Pro and want to import EMAILS WITH THEIR FOLDER STRUCTURE from Outlook 2011 for mac to Outlook 2016 for mac.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue?

I have only just imported the emails BUT they arrived WITHOUT their FOLDER STRUCTURE

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Latest OS High Siera 10.13.1

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015).

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/21/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

I am not sure if you have tried this already but, here is how to export the .olm from outlook 2011:

Once that is done then do then...

1. open outlook 2011

2. On the File menu, click Export.

3. Click Outlook for Mac Data File.

4. To export all items in Outlook, click Items of the following types, and then select all the check boxes.

5. Click the right arrow to continue, and then follow the instructions. Just remember where you save this .olm file as you will need to know for when your in outlook 2016 during the import

In the Import box, select Outlook for Mac archive file (.olm) > Continue.

• In Outlook for Mac 2016, on the Tools tab, choose Import.
    • Locate the .olm file on your Mac, and then click Import.
    • Imported items appear on the navigation panes (Mail, Calendar, People, Tasks, Notes) under On My Computer. For example, contacts are in the navigation pane on the People tab, email messages are on the navigation pane on the Mail tab, calendar items are in the navigation pane on the Calendar tab, and so on.

Then however your not done as you can import your outlook "identity" as well.....

In Outlook 2016 for Mac, on the Tools tab, choose Import.

In the Import box, select Outlook 2011 data on this computer > Continue.

Choose the location of the identity for import. (The default location (/Users/[username]/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities) You will need to choose this path

Click Continue.

If you have done all this already and you still dont have the email folders, please let me know.

Tech Support Specialist: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.