I do not have a wifi connection. I had it on Saturday

Customer Question
I do not have...

I do not have a wifi connection. I had it on Saturday morning...and on Saturday evening, it was gone. However, my smart phone connects to the wifi. I am not currently at my home - but at a home with a wifi network if we can figure this out.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?

The only other device is my smart phone and yes, I have connectivity there. I have also tried unplugging the router.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Windows 8 Inspiron M731R

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Dell? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2-3 years ago roughly

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

November 2013 I have tried holding the FN key and F2

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer
11/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Cris, Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Your laptop is connecting to WiFi is that correct?

Hi Cris

I understood that I received free technical support when I purchased the computer
It is not connecting to wifi

Well, I would like to inform you that you reached JustAnswer.com a site which provide experts in many categories. I am a computer expert who has worked on the site for 7 years and more then 12 years IT experience. If your laptop is 2-3 years old you would have needed to purchase some kind of extended warranty service.

If you would like to continue I can assist you with your issue. But if you seek another source you will most likely have to pay as well.