I was using my computer on my Visio TV when I got a message…

I was using my...

I was using my computer on my Visio TV when I got a message saying resolution not supported

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I have had it for about 3 to 4 years. and it is a 32 in smart tv i don't know the model number

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works and the problem is just with the computer input

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It just happened and i was watching a youtube video then the computer started to download something and then i got the message

11/20/2017
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Is this a laptop or desktop?

Can you please press and hold the Power on / off button on your computer for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on, then do you see anything showing on the screen (maybe just for a few seconds)?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

windows 10 desktop and it acts like it is going to make me sign in but i get the error message again

So when you gets the error message, it goes blank.

If you do not sign in, then does it keep staying there?

i get the message and it stays there i don't get a chance to sign in after booting up i get the message

Can you hold the Power button for about 10 seconds again to power it off

, then turn it back on, then in about 5 seconds or so while it's starting up, hold the power on / off button for about another 10 seconds

, then turn it back on, and see if you get a menu / the troubleshooting option.

- Do you have a monitor also?

- What's the brand of your Windows 10 desktop computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

it says preparing automatic repair
i do have a monitor but no cable for it

Wait for the automatic repair, then don't click on anything, then let me know what it shows next. Thank you.

it is asking me to restart the computer
or i can hit advanced options

Please click on Advanced options, then Troubleshoot, then System restore, select the option Choose a different restore point at bottom, if shown. Then click on Next, and restore the computer to any date before this issue first occurred, and check. Thank you.

it is working again thank you

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,