I just bought a Dell computer ($400) and goofed up my

I just bought a...

I just bought a Dell computer ($400) and goofed up my password ***** - to open up the start screen to my email (*****@******.***) and now am completely frozen out. I am not a hack but a real old guy suffering badly. I tried (account.live.com.) and must have goofed it up too. The password ***** originally used was (HAnnah&18%) to get to my email but I didn't understand it clearly when asked again as my old computer opened with (631camry) to access my email at "eaglezip.net". I'm now almost out of my mind after nearly 3 days of trying to have Microsoft give me a new password ***** open the darn thing.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Dell?

Windows 10 anf Dell Inspiron 3668

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Dell? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Purchased on 16 November 2017 and tried only troubleshooting thru "account.live.com" but it is very confusing - especially when something asks for a "password" but they give me a "code".

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I'm ready to kill myself - I have no cell phone and am having to hook up my old computer just to talk back and forth - while my new computer sits on the floor unhooked.

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you currently also have a working Windows computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

I'm on my old computer now - as my new one sits idle, unconnected, on the floor.

Is your old computer a Windows computer also?

Do you currently have access to your @eaglezip.net email on your old computer?

windows (Dell Inspiron 530) and I'm into eaglezip now on the old computer.

Thank you. On your old working computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can fix your new computer's password ***** through your old computer for you:

http://tinyurl.com/yacu4wlq
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/yacu4wlq
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

I've done but no action yet

1. On your computer, click on the website below:

http://tinyurl.com/yacu4wlq

2. Then do you see the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client, usually shown at the bottom of your computer's screen?

- If yes, can you open / run / install the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and check?

I think I'm missing a password ***** open Microsoft window into my computer and not to get into eaglezip - is that correct?

http://tinyurl.com/yacu4wlq

- If yes, can you open / run / install the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client?

- Do you see the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client at all?

My old computer, I'm on now, is acting funny for some time now. Maybe that's the trouble. I'd like to cancel out now and I'll try again myself tomorrow to get in.

Wait. Let me provide you a solution you can try on your new computer now.

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  6. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

- Do you see a menu / the Troubleshooting option when trying the above steps?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

I'll have to do that later as I must now unhook everything on my old computer I'm on and reconnect the new computer to do as you ask. I'll do that tomorrow. I did actually reset the new one once but lost everything since.
Thanks for your response - I'll try it tomorrow.

You're welcome. OK, I have emailed you. Tomorrow, please try the following steps on the new computer:

Solution #1:

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try:

1. At the password ***** login screen, click on the Ease of Access icon at the bottom; it looks like a timer icon.
  2. Click on the On-Screen Keyboard option.
  3. Click on the Shift key option at the left of the On-Screen Keyboard on the computer's screen.
  4. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart.
  5. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  6. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  7. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

Please let me know if there is still any issue tomorrow. Thank you.

OK - I trust you'll not charge me $9 for remote access - please confirm.

I can keep this question open, so I can do remote access tomorrow if you still need help. Thank you.

I don't believe that's fair - and I'm sure your grandmother wouldn't either. If I come back to you - then it's fair - and only then.

No problem, we're canceling the remote access for you, thank you.

thank you too - you're a good person.

You're welcome. Please try my solution(s) tomorrow or whenever you are available. Thank you for your patience.