I open the screen and the left side leaves about 2 inches…

Customer Question
Hi...

Hi I open the screen and the left side leaves about 2 inches and will not expand any further. This just started

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

HP envy laptop and about a week or so.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Envy?

Windows 10 and I hate it

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Hewlett Packard? What troubleshooting have you tried?

6 months or so and no I have not tried troubleshooting

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer
11/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello. Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Just to clarify, are you seeing a black gap at the left side of your screen now?

no its the opening screen with apps

Can we go ahead with a secure remote session so that I can see what exactly are you seeing or referring to here?

No. Please answer if you. Can
I do not want any further assistance but just need to know how to expand the screen to full

Sorry, it will not be possible for me to troubleshoot if I don't check the screen myself. Can we go ahead with a FREE remote session instead (ignore and do not accept the paid offer shown) so I can check now?

You may simply reply back below and I'll set up a free remote session now. Thanks,

I am responding to this and do not wish to purchase anything else and am skeptical of others in my computer
are we still connected?
hello?
Tech Support Specialist: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 9 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Can you please let us know opening which applications show the black screen? Is there anyway you can share a screenshot of the error?

Thanks,

Kumar

Thank you but no thanks. I do not want a charge and will end our inquiry now. Do not use my credit card for any reason. Is this understood?

We are the Tech Expert Team. Please get in touch with customer service for Price details. If you need my assistance, please let me know.

I am signing off now
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

no