Does Slim Cleaner do what it claims to do? Does SlimCleaner…

Customer Question
Does Slim Cleaner do...

Does Slim Cleaner do what it claims to do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Does SlimCleaner do what it claims to do?

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2 years ago. I use only Macafee to protect thePC

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment, thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Good morning!

The answer is more than a simple yes and no. Yes, it does what it says, but not to the extent it claims.

For instance, the claim that it will make your computer run like it was new again--this is objectively false, as nothing can do that. When it says it updates your software--most software updates automatically, newer software anyways, the rest it does not update for you but instead notifies you if there is an update. This feature though, again, is not as useful as it sounds as almost all modern software on your PC updates itself.

It says it can identify common PC issues. Yes, it does this, however there are free programs which can do it even better. For instance, if you download the free version of CCleaner, you can have it run weekly to identify and resolve the exact same issues.

Overall, it is not a recommended program, as you can combine a couple better free programs and get the same if not better results, without paying anything. If you want help with those programs, let me know and I will provide you with links to download and any support you need with them.

My goal today is to provide you with the best service possible! I sincerely ***** ***** have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Did you have any follow up questions? If not, please take two seconds to rate my service at the top of this page and click Submit. I aim for nothing less than 5-star Service, so if you need anything else please reply and let me know.