Trying to restart (or reboot) my 2016 Asus laptop

Customer Question
Trying to restart (or...

Trying to restart (or reboot) my 2016 Asus laptop instructions on my other comp. I'm trying to follow. O.K, at the instructions where they're talking about the 'boot booster' my Asus does't have. Instead Imy screen has boot option priorities. Am I just following instructions for a different Asus than mine?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?

X540S

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not at all...I went to turn it on & the whole screen was black with slogans, nos. and figures, lastly stating this has to be rebooted. So not being geeky I just tried looking up directions on this other laptop I have.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I think of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

If you now try to boot the Asus, what exactly happens?

Please let me know

Thank you