I am trying to get into my docs & display the start menu of…

Customer Question
Hi I am trying...

Hi I am trying to get into my docs & display the start menu of the taskbar and nothing is happening. Have turned comp. off & on (manually). I am waiting for an urgent email via gmail.com & nothing appears to be working along my bottom taskbar!!! can you help me please. I have only have the comp. since July/August last year.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

Optus network

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No. I keep telling them to remind me later.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I amonly able to access the internet from my main screen when the computer starts up

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 7 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

I just realised when I got back onto my computer, A screen came up to connect me to skype??? not sure what this was. I am computer savy within programs however not with this new computer. Still navigating around things. I am 64 years of age& now concerned.

Have you tried opening any browser and going to Gmail.com ?

I am on my phone. Yes it will not allow me to open any browser. Only the google browser i added on the desk top.
I am now on rhe computer.

Is this a windows or mac?

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.