I need to get your feedback on group calling itself"

Customer Question
Hi, I need to...

Hi, I need to get your feedback on group calling itself "Green Services," who contacted me yesterday saying they noticed I seemed to be having trouble with my internet on my computer. Since I was having trouble with my internet, that got my attention. They checked my computer and told me that someone was trying to hack my internet. Since I had already established a relationship with this company about 6 months ago, when it called itself "Disney Services," and they pretty much said the same thing then. So, 6 months ago, I gave them almost $900.00 for 2 year contract, and since then, my computer has NEVER worked so good. So yesterday, when they called, I thought it was because I was one of their clients, and I told them I was very impressed they called so quickly. Now, a friend I worked with at State Dept just called to chat, and she said, "It's a scam, don't trust them." Now I am very suspicious. They did some work yesterday, and I agreed to pay them $1,500, for a "lifetime" contract, and said I'd give them the money tomorrow (Monday, Nov 20).

Technician's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I don't know who else to ask. Arlington County VA has NO resources for this kind of issue. I don't want to make it a police issue. DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? Thank you, ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

Windows XP

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your computer?

Just a second

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

My husband is checking.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

DELL OPTIPLE GX 620

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
11/19/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello. Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

PS: Please ignore and close any remote assistance offer if shown on this page; it's sent at the site's end and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session for your question; typing up my answering now.

That's a bogus third party service, and not associated with Microsoft in any way. They cold call unsuspecting users and provide false info and alerts to trick them into allowing them access to their PC, while charging exorbitant amounts for doing so. Please do not continue any further communication with this rogue party, and absolutely do NOT provide them with any further payments going forward. Your system is just safe; you may simply ignore their calls/messages as they come and they will eventually drop off. Microsoft will never contact users on its own unless their services are specifically requested for.

For further info on these types of scams, please check out the following official article:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

NOTE:

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you,

Tech Support Specialist: lilibeth-cssm,
 replied 5 months ago
lilibeth-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/atcxm-need-feedback-group-calling-itself.html
Thank you, ***** Support Team
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Josh, Support Specialist