Google Chrome is overwriting my password with an invalid…

Customer Question
Google Chrome is overwriting...

Google Chrome is overwriting my password ***** an invalid (outdated) password. How do I override this so that I can reset my password?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

The original password ***** set several years ago (5 or 6). About a month ago the system began overwriting the correct password. Not sure if I inadvertently answered yes to a save request while other things were going on.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

The commputer is an HP Pavision (a couple years old). As mentioned before, Google Chrome is the software used for accessing files and e-mails.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your HP? What troubleshooting have you tried?

As best as I can remember, it was mid-year 2015. Mostly I have tried closing down the system and rebooding. I was receiving messages that I had too many attempts at signing in and that I attempted to reset the password. Each time I have tried, the incorrect autosaved password ***** my input and I get locked out again.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I called the Prudential Client Service Center (the administrator of my investment service) to get help with the problem, but any resets get overwritten by the auto-save feature of Google Chrome with the invalid password.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/19/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
The best option will be to use a secure remote screen connection to troubleshoot the issue, this will require downloading a screen connect app to get us started. Will that be okay?
You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.
Rand
My apologies for a delayed response to your suggestion of a remote screen connection. Soon after my initial contact with your organization I had a follow-up conncetion with Prudential with their specialist, and he was able to overcome the problem. I now am able to access my account without being shut out from the site. Accordingly, I will not require additional follow-up from your organization.
I did notice that a charge of $46 was added to my credit card in addition to the initial $21 charge when I made my first contact with your organization. I am not sure what the additional charge was for. Can you clarify?Mike Albright