Have a new Microsoft referbed linovo computer to replace the…

Customer Question
Have a new Microsoft...

Have a new Microsoft referbed linovo computer to replace the second computer that lost its power supply. new machine is 64bit running 54bit mode old machines are both 64bit machines but were running in 32 bit mode because of some old software. went to transfer an old program for a word perfect calendar whose age is about 15years. new machine can't open the program. ran a diagnostic which recommended running the software in windows compatibility mode version 2.. no luck tried other versions with no luck. understand from preliminary inquiry with your bot that there is an answer

Technician's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Computer Expert more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. What's the model of your Lenovo?

MT-m-10ah-q02200

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Lenovo? What troubleshooting have you tried?

None everything else and all other programs installed ran perfectly

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, the program works on the 32bit windows machines when I set them to run in version 2 of the compatibility mode (located in the properties section of the icon for the program on the traditional windows screen

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/19/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Sudipto, Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Do you have tried any other compatibility modes, like Windows XP or Vista etc.?

Will try and get back to you

OK