I can't login to my Microsoft 365 Account. It tells me that…

Customer Question
Hello, I can't login...

Hello, I can't login to my Microsoft 365 Account. It tells me that the User Name or Password ***** ***** I've double, triple checked and still can't login ?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

It a MacBookPro and its running 10.9.5

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I'm not sure, as I always install updates as and when I'm prompted to.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I've been using the same name and password ***** some years now.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/19/2017
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. I think the best thing under the circumstances would be to reset the password.

Please go this website: https://account.live.com/password/resetMake the appropriate selection. If you have no idea what your password ***** be, choose I forgot my password. If you think you know your password ***** it isn’t allowing you to sign in, choose that one. Click next. On the next page enter the email address that you are trying to gain access to. Also enter the “CAPTCHA” that is displayed on the page. Occasionally they can be difficult to read. If this is the case, click on the audio button to have the computer read it aloud to you. After entering it click next. If you have entered the CAPTCHA incorrectly you will be given the opportunity to try again. When it has been entered correctly, please click next.

On the next page you can choose to have a code sent to the phone associated with your account or to the recovery email associated with your account. Be sure to leave this webpage open while you check your phone for a text or check your email. When you have the code, enter it on this page and click next. You will then be given the opportunity to reset your password.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Thank yoy!