My printer keeps going offline everytime I leave using it…

Customer Question
My printer keeps going...

My printer keeps going offline everytime I leave using it for a while.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Its an HP Pavilion laptop No idea what an operating system is

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your HP? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Had it a long time try to get it offline, I remove the printer, turn off the printer. and turn it back on. then add it back and it isn't offline for a while.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I also have another lap top that uses the same computer but is has the same problem this one has

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
It may be that the printer has a problem with its Power Saving feature, of disconnecting when it goes into Power Save semi-shut-down mode, and does not re-connect readily.

Try disabling power-save for a day, see if that cures the problem.

Otherwise, try touching a control on the printer to wake it, if you haven't sent it a print job for a while, to wake it up... then give it a minute or two, before sending the print job to the printer, for it to re-connect also. That might help, too.