I got a new laptop and bought Windows 10 Home. I pay the…

Customer Question
I got a new...

I got a new laptop and bought Windows 10 Home. I pay the monthly rate. I'd like to upgrade my PC and the installer said I have permission to do that, but I don't know how. I have all my license keys. How do I download to my pc using my current license?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?

Samsung Core 17. Running Windows 10. My PC is currently running Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

On the PC, I'm up to date.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
You need to tell me where you bought the upgrade to Windows 10... if it is an upgrade edition? if it wasn't an upgrade edition, then you would have more work to do and have to pay more also. Please Reply on those points, and I will instruct you and answer your question.

I bought it as a new install on a new laptop.

OK... so does the laptop now have Windows 7 on it?

And, where/what site/who did you buy it from? I presume you bought it as a Download Edition, not as a CD/DVD disc set.

I bought it from Frys, preinstalled
an OEM version for which I have all product id, keys
I pay the monthy fee for Windows office

'Preinstalled' from Frys? you mean, on the laptop? if not on the laptop, then where? was it preinstalled ?

Sorry, this is a waste of time. End session

Very well. Would you be willing to rate my work or attempt to provide help with your Windows install issue?

No. I see now that my is is what needs to upgrade, then Hone.

OK. Have a good day.