I have an ASUS Zenbook that my dad left to me. he passed…

Customer Question
Hi. I have an...

Hi. I have an ASUS Zenbook that my dad left to me. he passed away. I cannot get into it. He had a password, I do not know it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Asus?

How might I factory reset a laptop

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Asus? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Asus Zenbook UX501V

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just want to be able to use the computer. I have a Microsoft Account, so just want computer wiped to new for use.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
11/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello. Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

PS: Please ignore any remote assistance offer if it shows up on this page; it's sent at the site's end and not by me.

I'm sorry for your loss. Could you let me know if Windows 10 is installed on the laptop now?

I do not know because I cannot access past the startup screen.

OK, no problem; do this now:

At that screen, click on the Power icon at the bottom-left and then HOLD down the Shift key and click "restart."

Does this bring up a blue "Choose an option" screen?

I am not at home with computer. Nor am I on the computer, so you cannot remotely acces

Again, please ignore any remote assistance offer if it shows up on this page; it's sent at the site's end and not by me.

Could you see my above steps and let me know?

I do not see a power icon on screen what does it look like?
How do I exit advances settings?

Hmm; before that, these directions are to be carried out on the locked laptop itself. Do you have someone at home that you can relay these instructions to now?

they somehow they are on Safe Mode to access Advances Settings.

Oh, okay. Please have them press and hold down the Power button for atleast 30 seconds, then release. Press the Power button again - does it boot them back to the logon screen?

How do I leave Advanced Settings? Right now it is asking me to pick a network to connect the computer to?
he may have performed the step you stated already, but, not sure. He cannot leave the page of Advanced Settings

Please have them press and hold down the Power button for atleast 30 seconds, then release. Press the Power button again - does it boot them back to the logon screen?

It asks him to set up account. I think he reset the computer on his own.

Oh, all right - would you like me to stand by while they check further to see if any other issues?

Hzah, I am in.

OK, great. Since you got the issue resolved on your own, let me close this out and request a refund for you now. Thanks,

Thank you. We are good.
Andy, Computer Consultant