Does flash work at all with the new firefox quantum? Lenovo.

Customer Question
Hi - does flash...

Hi - does flash work at all with the new firefox quantum?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Lenovo

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I use magento community 1.92 and it uses flash, i use firefox as my main browser when working in the front and back end and it seems the new firefox quantum won't even let me , use it in any way , ask to activate or use always , what optons do i have ?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
11/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Shefin, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try alienable Flash for Firefox by following the instructions in the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enabling-flash-player-firefox.html

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
I have done this already and it does not work with the new firefox quantum browser. I have tried it 3 times , with complete reboots
what else can we do?

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I don't need that, and i am not paying $39.00 the info you provided is from 2 plus years ago
ON THIS PAGEMac OS
Windows
Applies to: ***** ***** 10 Flash Player 11
Last Published: December 9, 2015

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue without any additional charge?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I am looking to find out on the new firefox quantum browser that just was updated , does it support flash at all. I know that we it was gonna slowly stop, but did that happen
i am currently on on the computer that i am having the browser issue with flash

It support flash. Uninstalling Flash and reinstalling with the latest version will resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
i did that as well, when to abode, downloaded the newest updated release for firefox, in stalled, rest firefox options ans setting for the plug in , and using magento in back end, and trying to up load images, it will not allow it

It seems so. Please try the instructions in the link below.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/set-adobe-flash-click-play-firefox

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I had read this support article as well . I followed the instructions and followed it to a tee. Still does not allow images to be uploaded in magento back end

Please read the below article too.

https://blocked.cdn.mozilla.net/p946.html

Thank you.

Customer/p>
i have read this article as well, i have covered all the firefox support articles, it seems that flash is completely dead , because it is not set to work with the new technology, and there are not replacements as far as i have read, the only is HTML5, which magento does not use
what you have provided is all the same information i have read over the last 2 days

It will work with some websites and not all. Have you tried other browsers?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I have, it will work work with Edge, and Chrome on as ASk to activate, but Firefox is may preferred browser of choice. seems i will not be able to work with magento and firefox anymore, based on all i read in the support articles, but this is all info i have know,

I was searching for it and got the same response.

Instead, try the below link.

https://astrio.net/blog/disable-flash-uploader-in-magento/

Thank you.

Customer/p>
i have alo found this no flash uploader also, so everything you found is what i have found as well

I am glad to hear that, and I do not think that I know anything better than you in this issue. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
maybe i should a refund since you knew what i knew

Sure. Please contact our customer support to get a refund. You can contact them from the link below.

ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist