Monitor times out and shuts down after 1 - 2 minutes of

Customer Question
Monitor times out and...

Monitor times out and shuts down after 1 - 2 minutes of activity

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

6 months ago. I have tried power and sleep settins - adjusted to 30 minutes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Shefin, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the make and model number of your computer?

Do you hear the fan blowing?

Do you feel that the computer is getting overheated?

Thank you.

HP Pro Book 44064
I can hear fan
I do not think it is getting overheated

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.

Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)

Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).

Normally power on the notebook.

Then, turn off the computer, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.

Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

How do I remove battery?

Is the exact model number of your Laptop Pro Book 440?

Thank you.

Watch the video below and try removing the battery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK1q39t6v20

Thank you.

Video does not apply to this computer HP ProBook 440 G4
Can you connect remotely and diagnose?

Please remove the AC Adapter, then press and hold the power button till the computer gets turned off. Release the power button only after 30 seconds. Then, wait for two minutes.

Then, restart the computer by pressing the power button and let me know the response.

Thank you.

Shefin, Computer Support Specialist