I have been trying without success to get my PC, with

Customer Question
I have been trying...

I have been trying without success to get my PC, with Microsoft 10 OS, to recognize my Kodak Easy Share DX6440 digital camera, purchased several years ago, What can I do to download pictures from the camera to the PC?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Dell INSPIRON DESKTOP 3000 Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not to the PC. I have installed new drivers.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

My main issue is getting my PC to recognize my camera as a source for picture files

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
11/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

It started today but that is only because it is the first time in a while that I was trying to download photos from my camera to my PC
Lets try to fix the problem without remote connection. I am looking for an answer on how to connect an older camera to a new PC.

What type of cable are you using?

Thanks

Kris

The type that has a camera connection on one end and a USB connection of the other. Is anything else possible?

Did you set the camera to USB mode?

My cell phone just sent me a text message that Tech Support has sent a message but the message did not accompany the note.
How do I set the camera to a USB mode?
BTW, I am old and not very competent using my cell phone to send text messages. May I ask that this be the medium used?

Just ignore the messages

Do you see the USB option on the menu?

There does not seem to be a USB option on the camera menu.

OK - do you see the camera listed under This PC?

I have been looking for that all day. Have still not found it. I think that is part of my problem. The PC does not seem to realize a camera is present,

Okay, would it be OK to connect and have a look?

I am losing confidence. Do I have any other options that do not involve spending more money?
May I speak to another technician?
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
The best option will be to use a secure remote screen connection to troubleshoot the issue, this will require downloading a screen connect app to get us started. Will that be okay?
You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.
Thank you. No. I do not wish to use a remote screen connection. I will search for support elsewhere. I am cancelling my subscription.

I am sorry about the difficulty.

Andy, Computer Consultant