Brand new Inspiron 5567 Signature Addition laptop shuts down…

Customer Question
Brand new Inspiron 5567...

Brand new Inspiron 5567 Signature Addition laptop shuts down randomly. Have to disconnect power cord to get it to restart. No error messages.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

Running windows 10 v 1703 OS Build 15063.726

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Dell? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just received on then15th. I haven't tried much since it's brand stinking new. Runs fine and then just shuts off like a power failure.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Well, this is the second tome I've attempted to contact, laptop shut down last time before I could talk to the tech!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 8 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Just a moment please while I review your question.

Thanks.

When running the computer can you hear the fan running?

Also, where you place the computer is there anything blocking the fan air flow (the CPU will shut down the computer just as you describe if it senses that the temperature of the CPU is above the acceptable limit)?

the fan is running and no nothing is blocking the vents and it is not hot to the touch... I am familiar with the issue described as I just had a fan replaced in a previous laptop and that does not appear to be the issue. Also, it shuts off after only running for a short time sometimes and at other times it will run for hours with no problem.
This laptop is under warranty and I don't think I should have to pay to get it fixed.....

Thank you for the additional information and I understand your concern about warranty. Just Answer is a third party support site which is why there is a charge for service. If you would still like to continue just let me know.

I'm looking for the official Dell service line...

Ok, then here is the site : click here

Also, imagine my surprise when I got my pay pal statement and see that I've already been charged $36 when I was told it was a $5 fee, that was fully refundable!

Yes, the Just Answer customer service personnel can address those concerns.

I will reach out to them and ask them to contact you.