Every time I attempt to open Google Chrome, it asks me, via…

Every time I attempt...

Every time I attempt to open Google Chrome, it asks me, via a dialog box, whether it can modify my system. Should it do that?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

HP Envy 43-150A, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD , an HP All-in-One using Windows 10/64-bit

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Just the Microsoft Windows updates, the HP hardware updates, and the updates for Chrome.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know ...

11/18/2017
John, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please provide the following details.

On the top of the dialogue box does it show user account control also does it say Google chrome as program name ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

It says google chrome is the program name, but I don't know what you mean by account control, aside from the fact it's the top line. It asks, "do you want to allow this app to make changes to my device?"
I just want to know whether this is normal, or what to do to eliminate this occurrence. I will use firefox until it's solved.
I'm supposedly on a "free trial".

If you are referring to secure remote assistance message it’s not send by me it’s an automated message from the site and it’s optional so you can ignore and continue in this chat page.

Please give me a moment to type in my reply.

I'm referring to the message/dialog that pops up each time I attempt to open Chrome.

I understand.

Its a security feature in windows that notifying you what program is currently running on the computer with your permission.This is done to avoid unnecessary application from installing on the computer.

There is nothing to worry about it.

but is it normal to have this pop up each time I attempt to open Chrome?

If you want to eliminate it we can do it.I will give you the instructions in a moment.

Is it normal?
That's the question I need answered!
I don't want to eliminate it if it's normal.

Usually it wont ask but if you installed Chrome from another user account in your computer then it will ask it.

I think that adequately answers my question.
Thanks ... Now ... how do I end this "free Trial"? I'd like to get that "$5 deposit" back.

Sorry to say that i have no control over billing. I am just one of the tech who helps customers that have computer issues. If you have any billing related issues please contact customer care using the option in this page: - http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Sincerely,

OK ... I see how that works. Thanks for your help.

You are welcome.

If you do not have any further questions please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

John, Computer Support Specialist
John, Computer Support Specialist