My toshiba will not power up. When I press my power button

Customer Question
Hi, My toshiba will not...
Hi, My toshiba will not power up. When I press my power button it lights up for 2 seconds and shuts right back off.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Model is a Satellite L55-C5346PL and OS is Windows 10
JA: What's the brand/model of your computer?
Customer: Toshiba/PSKXEU-02L014
JA: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: December 2015, waranty ended just as computer ran into problems. I have tried the normal trouble shooting of taking out battery and holding power button to drain charge and replugging adapter steps
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The computer was put in sleep mode with battery plugged to it and it never woke up after that.
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Computer
11/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 27 days ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Have you tried to power up the computer without the battery using only the power adapter?

Please let me know if you still require assistance by responding here and I will reply back as soon as possible.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have tried that so far I have the computer taken apart with the hard drive taken out

Okay. There is a good possibility your power supply has failed which is not uncommon.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I need to replace my power adapter or the power button all together?

Just the power adapter. I have seen this many times. If it should happen that a new adapter doesn't change anything, then the problem will most likely be with the motherboard. Would you like me to locate an adapter for you?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
a motherboard also. I went to best buy geek squad and they tried one of their adapters and claimed it may be my mother board because when they used their adapter it didn't work but I would like to try them both to be sure.

Okay. Here is the LINK for the power supply. Check to make sure the plug end matches your adapter. Give me a minute for the board.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Okay

Here is a LINK for the motherboard. Hold on to your wallet!!

Dan, Computer Support Specialist