I am trying to manufacture reset a Asus SonicMaster laptop.

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to manufacture reset a Asus SonicMaster laptop

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?

Model F555L

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I forgot my password ***** it and that is why just got it and forgot to write it down

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Damian Costa, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Damian Costa
Damian Costa, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi...My name is ***** ***** a veteran technician expert with over 20yrs of experience...I have more questions first before we begin

Is the laptop operational? (does it turn on?)

OK...give me a few minutes

I tried to do what they said on YouTube to hold F9 botton but will not respond to that.
That is after turning on the computer

So describe you issue exactly...Why are you trying to reset your BIOS on your Asus any way? (what's the big story?)

I got it from a house that caught on fire and was going to throw it away but kept it and just trying to reset it to manufacture setting and just smoke got to it but seems to turn on and only the number buttons work when typing for password ***** will respond to all the other keys when trying to put wifi key in.
the pad button responds
Or cursor pad responds

OK give me a few minutes

Is there supposed to be something underneath that lid underneath with the screw cause if there is nothing is in that and if that had anything to do with that I will have to buy what ever it is to replace that.

So when the computer boots up...does it go to Windows or does it stop at the BIOS asking for a password?

Just goes to Bois and I notice that the date is stuck on yesterdays date.
Bios*

Give me 15 min so I can wrap up with my current customer then I can focus on yours

Ok

:)

I just plugged in and now been able to get the rest of the keys to respond and connect to the internet and date and time are accurate
Was just running on battery

I see...so are you still stuck on the password *****?....or have you made it to Windows yet?

I think I am going to chuck the computer I don't think it is salvageable the keys on the keyboard are not responding vary well but thank anyways

Sounds good!!!