I think Firefox just installed and update. It seems to be

maxing out my CPU unit...
I think Firefox just installed and update. It seems to be maxing out my CPU unit and it is freezing and crashing within only minutes of my starting it up.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I have had it for several years. It is a desktop Dell, running on Windows 7. I checked with the Task Manager to find the CPU being maxed out.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: The recent update was installed automatically and I did not know they were installing it. There may have been a window pop up that informed us, but I don't remember or my husband may have been on the computer. Anyway, it looks like it was updated on 11-14-17.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a cost to this service?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Computer Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: How much could the total cost be?
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Computer Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).
Customer: I would like to find out about uninstalling and reinstalling the firefox program. But would I lose all my book-marks and other program features?
11/18/2017
Damian Costa
Damian Costa, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi...My name is ***** ***** a veteran technician expert with over 20yrs of experience...I have more questions first before we begin

In a situation like this...we would need to check the Hard Drive status as well as look for infections on the computer...would you like to proceed?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
It is ok if you connect to my computer, but I would want to be in on the process of what you would do to fix it - and would want to know if I have a virus.

Sounds good...I normally call any way while I am working on your system

Damian Costa

If the HD is bad and/or there is infections...we can talk further options at that point and their respective charges

In the blue box below...please input your name and phone number

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok. While we are waiting, I have an external hard drive connected to the computer as well as the 500 gig hard drive installed. It is a Dell Notebook. I have WebRoot virus protection and have found them to be very reliable.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The internal hard drive has 19.4 gigs open out of 465 gigs. It is getting full, but not there yet. FYI

OK

Webroot is ok...I've been doing this 22years...I've seen alot...you might be surprised what happens

But we will check that external while we are at it

I will show you some cool stuff...teach you to be a tech for a day

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Sounds great!

I still need your info though so I can call you (put it in the blue box below called "Enter contact info")

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I just sent it a second time in blue box.
It is Nancy Nottingham 96-451-0860
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Sorry -(###) ###-####

OK calling you shortly

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok - not in a rush, take time you need.

:)

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Hi!
Damian Costa
Damian Costa