My computer was infected with a spyware virus between late…

Customer Question
My computer was infected...

My computer was infected with a spyware virus between late Saturday and early Sunday morning, 11/17/2017. The agent from Norton tried to go into my computer on the robot basis but hung it up and could not get to any of the programs. I tried myself but to no avail. Instead of the icons being to the left side of the computer, they are now horizontal. Are you reable to restore Windows 10. Also, the file,save,etc. headings on top were depleted. His name was Adrian and this was done sometime around 8:30PM on Sunday evening. As stated, I've tried everything,virtual support etc and after five days I'm exhausted.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?

Windows 10 and the computer's name is ***** ***** Home Prem-OA HP

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your HP?

I hope this is right:584037-001

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your HP? What troubleshooting have you tried?

October 12,2010 and I tried all the restore and advance programs

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I thought you were the person handling this trouble-shutting why do I have to go to someone else---please no virtual techs;they are not very helpful

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Damian Costa, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Damian Costa
Damian Costa, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi...My name is ***** ***** a veteran technician expert with over 20yrs of experience...I have more questions first before we begin

I will need to log into your computer

why? PLUS I WANT THE FEDERAL ID NUMBER ALONG WITH THE MA LICENSE NUMBER IN USA--- WHERE I YOU BASED:I'M AFRAID IT APPEARS TO BE A FOREIGN COUNTRY AND THEREFORE THIS REQUEST SHOULD BE TERMINATED AND THE CHARGE ON THE CARD WILL BE CANCELLED> GIVE ME PROOF BY PROVIDING WHAT I ASKED ASAP

I have no idea what you are talking about (I am in California)

Do you still need assistance?

if you don't know what the federal ID is or the state licensing number,I would say you're not in CA because if you were YOU would know what they are since your in legal? business. Also, the additional fees sounds like a non-legitate Company.Prove to me you not by answering my questions.For the record, I have put my card on hold with the BANK while I was waiting. BE CAREFUL---NO SCAMMING OR HACKERS

That's very good...I fight against scammers 5 days a week at my computer store

However...I am not one...you might be confused where you are at...this is JustAnswer.com

A site that connects you to Experts all over the country

You are in the Tech category (so you got me as one)

What site did you think you were on?

Are you still there?