When I close the top and then lift it up. the screen flashes…

Customer Question
When I close the...

When I close the top and then lift it up. the screen flashes with a white screen to blue. it never responds. I have to force a shut down by holding the on/off button. .

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

Also the keyboard does not always respond.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Lenovo ideapad flex 4 windows 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Lenovo? What troubleshooting have you tried?

12/19/2016

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I spent an hour at Best Buy with the Geek squad. he decided the trouble was hardware and advised contacting lenovo

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Damian Costa, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 9 months ago
Damian Costa
Damian Costa, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi...My name is ***** ***** a veteran technician expert with over 20yrs of experience...I have more questions first before we begin

How old is the laptop and did anything recently happen to it?

(dropped it, water spilled on it, etc)