I️ am locked out. Windows won’t accept my password. I️ do…

Customer Question
I️ am locked out...

I️ am locked out. Windows won’t accept my password. I️ do not have a password ***** I️ did not forget my password

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?

Samsung pc. I️ am running windows 7

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No I️ just want to use my computer

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What is happening when you attempt to login to your computer using your password ? Are you receiving any type of error message?

Thanks. Please help

I will do the bet to help you, can you tell me what is happening when you attempt to login to your computer using your password ? Are you receiving any type of error message?

Note : You are referring to the automated offer from our system. There is no way to remote into your computer , I am sorry for any confusion.

I am asked for my password. When I put in my password ***** says incorrect password. I try again with same response
I do not have a password ***** If I had the wizard might help but idiot not have.

If your password ***** Numbers and/or Capital Letters, please make sure that CAPS lock and NUM lock keys are turned.

I have done that.

Solution 1 : Using the Administrator Account

1- Start or restart your computer and press "F8" while the computer boots up. The Advanced Boot Options screen appears.

2- Scroll down to "Safe Mode" with the arrow keys on the keyboard and press "Enter." Your computer starts in Safe Mode.

3-Click on the "Administrator" account that appears on the Windows logon screen

4-Click on "Start" and "Control Panel".

5-You will enter "All Control Panel Items", then click" User Accounts"

6-Then click"Manage Another account" as following.

7-Choose the account which you want to reset the password.

8-Click "Change the password" as following

9-Type a new password ***** that account.

Solution 2 : Bypass Windows 7 password

1-Boot from Windows 7 Installation CD. When your computer boots from the CD, you should click repair your computer option, then choose Command Prompt from various options.

2-Type the following commands: (Please see the attachements)

Exit installation CD, and reboot your PC.

3-While Windows login screen appears, press the Shift key 5 times to bring up the command line interface.

Now type command net user an hit enter, you will get all account names on the computer.

Now net user <account name> <your new password> to reset windows 7 user password.

example : net user john 123456a

If you don't have the windows 7 installation disc please watch this video on youtube or download Windows 7 ISO image and burn it into a Blank DVD

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Unfortunately I can not do anything you suggested because I cannot get into the computer. I do not have the windows 7 disc to reboot. I am at a standstill. Most likely I need a new computer.

You don't need an installation disc to try solution 1, also you can use another computer to download Windows 7 iso image.

Hope this helps

Thank you

Unfortunately I️ don’t have access to another computer. Nothing will happen until I️ can get access to the computer. It asks for owners password.
There is nothing else on the screen so I️ cannot go further