How to log into win 7 forgotten password. Gateway, laptop,

Customer Question
how to log into win...
how to log into win 7 forgotten password
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: Gateway, laptop, NE 522
JA: What's the brand/model of your computer?
Customer: Win 7
JA: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: old computer hasnt been useds in awhile want to retrieve pics
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: can't fix stupid!
Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Computer
11/17/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 30 days ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. This can be done however required a bit of work. Give me a moment and I will provide you with instructions.

This method of recovering the password ***** or may not work, it really depends on how complex of a password ***** were using. You will also need a few things to attempt this, you will need a computer with a CD burner as well as a blank CD.

First check if by chance the computers default administrator account is enabled, if it is you can use that to reset the password. Here is how you check:

Restart your PC, and keep tapping the F8 keyboard button.

When you arrive at the safe mode prompt choose Safe Mode with Networking. Now Windows will start in Safe Mode. Select the default Administrator account from the login, the password ***** be left blank. If you can log in with this account or any other administrator account click start choose control panel, click users and change the password ***** the locked account.

If you do not have the administrator account or any other accounts besides guest follow the instructions below.

1. Download and save this free password ***** tool here http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/download.php?type=livecd Click the Ophcrack Vista LiveCD (This works for Win 7 too)

2. Once that download has finished download this free burning program http://cdburnerxp.se/

3. Install then open the Cdburnerxp program and select Burn ISO Image Add the ophcrack ISO file you saved earlier to this blank disk

4. Once you have created the bootable ophcrack CD place that into the locked computer and start the machine. You will need to boot from the CD so look for a message on the computer that says "Press any key to boot from CD"

5. If done correctly the ophcrack program will start scanning and when finished it will show you all the passwords it was able to find.

As I said depending on the complexity of the password ***** may or may not be able to get it. In this case I suggest you take the computer to your local repair shop where they have the equipment to easily get around the password.

Another option if none of the above works and you have the ability is to open the computer and remove the hard drive. Then you can get an adapter like this https://www.walmart.com/ip/Insten-USB-2-0-to-IDE-SATA-S-ATA-2-5-3-5-HD-HDD-Adapter/31516283 which will allow you to connect the hard drive to another computer via USB port and you can just copy the pictures off of it. No password ***** be required since you will not be booting into windows.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Chris L., Support Specialist